Uncle Seiko Modded Salmon Dial (SARB037) for the SARB035
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
[PLEASE READ PRODUCT PAGE BEFORE PURCHASING]
After searching for the SARB037 for two years or more, I finally threw in the towel. I am one among thousands of guys who have only seen this one in pictures, but it quickly became a "grail" watch. The problem is that SEIKO did such a short-run that finding one is akin to coming across a unicorn. They are impossible to acquire, and those lucky owners are asking upwards of $3,000 to sell.
Since the odds were stacked against me, I decided to have a short run of custom dials made. While some may believe I am selling a "fake" dial, or trying to just use the Seiko name to make money, below is my justification for why I believe this is an ethical endeavor.
Why I put "Seiko" on the dial.
When I first posted my SARB037US Mod, the feedback was mostly positive, although a few questioned the decision, and a few others were downright nasty. Here are my reasons why I think this was the right choice.
1. I made it clear that the dial is not original. I would never sell a "fake" dial, or pass something off as original that is aftermarket. I knew I had to alter the dial in some way so that people don't end up buying something they think was made by Seiko. Since I didn't want there to be any confusion, I changed the small text at the base of the dial to read "Uncle 6R15 - SARB037 US."
2. The watch is still a Seiko. One thing that always bugged me about putting a different name on an aftermarket dial is that the dial is what informs people of the brand. If I changed the name on the dial to "Uncle" for example, this is now making it seem like Uncle is the brand of watch. But the case is Seiko, the movement is Seiko, the hands are Seiko, etc. Everything is Seiko except the dial, but people demand that to make an homage, you must change the name on the dial, which is representative of everything else? It made much more sense to keep the name on the watch and just alter it (see #1).
3. The Seiko community needs this. As much as I appreciate a few other brands offering a salmon dial to scratch that itch for collectors, we all know they fall short. Nothing looks as awesome as the SARB037 dial, and while I commend them for trying, guys want the real thing (or as close as possible in an imperfect world). I had to make the dial to look legitimate because a bunch of you out there needed this.
- The SARB037US Aftermarket dial. Watch and bracelet not included.
PLEASE NOTE: Limit 2 per customer.
Domestic USA Nationwide Flat Rate:
- $4 USPS First Class (4-6 business days)
- $8 USPS Priority Mail
- $8.5 FedEx 3 DayInternational
Worldwide Flat Rates:
- $14 First Class International (2-4 weeks) *not available for all destinations
- Variable pricing FedEx International Priority (3-5 business days)
Processing, Tracking & Insurance
Please allow 1-2 days for processing time. All of our shipping options include tracking and insurance. First Class International may have limited tracking options depending on destination.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an international customer and you chose USPS as the carrier, it is common for the package to sit for 2-3 weeks at a distribution center in Los Angeles. Nothing is wrong and it is not lost. This is where they wait for flights. If you prefer something faster, please select Fedex, which is 3-5 days to your door.
As of July 1, 2021, all orders shipped to the EU will require a value added tax (VAT) to be paid by the recipient at time of delivery. Other international orders may require a customs duty once reaching their destination. These fees are a separate charge often imposed by the destination country or region and are not the responsibility of Uncle Seiko.
PLEASE NOTE: I am aware that many countries charge a large import fee on top of the purchase price. This money is collected at the time of delivery and has nothing to do with Uncle Seiko Straps. Because the fees are based on the price of the item, it is advantageous for buyers to request a lower price recorded on the customs form. However, I cannot alter the price. In the U.S. it is considered a crime (mail fraud). Thank you for understanding.
When USPS packages arrive at the customs office in your country, they are marked as delivered. What typically happens is that within the next few days, they contact you to pay import fees to receive the package. If you have not received your package and it shows as delivered, do not be alarmed, as they should be contacting you soon.
We want you to be happy with your purchase, so we aim to provide flexibility with returns. If you received a bracelet or strap that is defective, please email us and we will provide a shipping label for the return. We will make it right!
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any other reason, please send us an email and mail back the item in original, unused condition within 30 days for a full refund - no questions asked. The buyer is responsible for return shipping fees. If the bracelet has been sized or the plastic has been removed, we require a 15% restocking fee upon return.
We will notify you as soon as we receive and inspect your return. Returns are processed in batch once per week (usually on Saturdays). If everything is accurate, you will be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember that it can take up to 7-10 days for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund.
For any questions or to notify us about a return, please email email@example.com
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Sale items or factory defective items cannot be returned.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
Uncle Straps, Inc aims to sell high quality merchandise that will provide the buyer many years of use. All Uncle products are used at the discretion of the purchaser. Uncle Straps, Inc is not liable or accountable for any damage to your watch while using, installing or removing any of our products.
Wondering if this product will work with your watch? I do my best to outline compatibility details here so you can ensure a good match.
For bracelets, some of the compatible models listed are submitted from my customers, and therefore I can't guarantee the fit will be perfect.
Occasionally these matches require some light modifications to fit correctly. I've outlined these steps over on the Bracelet Mods, Tips & Tricks page.
Orders typically ship within 24-48 hours. Please allow additional handling time during peak holidays.
I accept all major credit cards as well as PayPal, ShopPay and MetaPay
I want you to love your straps and bracelets. If you don't, send it back for a refund or exchange - no questions asked.
Beyond the Dial
As a supplier of vintage bracelets in particular, [Larry] has become a valued resource for the vintage Seiko community, that now relies on him to provide bracelets that not only look authentic and period-correct but are often of higher quality than Seiko’s original.
Two Broke Watch Snobs
I love Uncle Seiko. I often wish he was my real uncle. . .Overall, I’m pleased as punch with what I’ve seen/touched/worn from Uncle Seiko’s collection of faithful but improved-upon straps and bracelets.